Wednesday 20 November 2013

Introducing the Web Team Our Contributing Expert: Dr. Janet Salmons

Hello to the NSMNSS blogosphere! You may recognize my name from posts and events over the past year, and I am delighted to be a part of the continued work of the New Social Media, New Social Science project as a contributing blogger. I recorded a short introduction for the visual and aural communicators out there!

I have served on the graduate faculty member of the Capella University School of Business and Technology since 1999. I thought I would teach a course or two but fell in love with online teaching and here I am! Capella learners are scholar-practitioners, working adults who integrate life and career experience with rigorous academic study. I currently focus my efforts on dissertation supervision, which provides a living laboratory for observing the development of new research—primarily with online qualitative methods. Their struggles and triumphs help me understand the eclectic mix of practical and scholarly skills needed to successfully conduct research.

I am also an independent researcher, writer and consultant through Vision2Lead. My areas of inquiry include online collaboration and online research methods that allow us to better understand how we interact in the virtual environment. I have an interest in both ethical leadership and ethical research in this connected world.

With Dr. Victoria Boynton I am engaged in an online duoethnography we are calling “Work/Place,” an exploration of the influences of the environment (natural, cultural, physical, virtual) on work creativity and productivity. My recent study on the ways women entrepreneurs use the Internet is the subject of a chapter now in press: “Putting the E in Entrepreneurship: Women Entrepreneurs in the Digital Age” (Salmons, 2014). Online Qualitative Interviews is also in press for a spring release. As well, I edited Cases in Online Interview Research (2012) and wrote Online Interviews in Real Time (2010) for Sage Publications.

Given the above background and interests, my blog posts will include observations and discussion about how and why we use social media for research—and for building community among researchers. I look forward to hearing from you about your questions and dilemmas, thoughts and insights. Comment to my posts, find me at #einterview or www.vision2lead.com.


7 comments:

  1. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many

    interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its

    great article. Keep it up.
    social media company

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting blog. I will appreciate it. You can visit an SEO Expert portfolio to improve your website ranking.
    seo services dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! dewa poker

    ReplyDelete
  4. All, of course, is up and around the central site, but to create opportunities, improve customer response, increased brand awareness, the site of the network through a comprehensive marketing strategy, including search engine optimization, PPC, social media tools to support marketing, and so on. Lead generation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google AdWords and Yahoos Overture CPC programs have dominated the world of network marketing in the past two years, they only get bigger and stronger. Network marketing companies have sprung up to help beginners learn how to use AdWords and Overture to the best of their ability to rope. SEO Limburg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very positive about the quality of my business' products, but it seems like it can't reach the customers much, my colleague suggested that my brand name should be changed and I am clueless on how to make an effective one! Good thing I found this online while searching for it! Can't wait to take thisonline brand and product namingcourse ASAP! check name list

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!
    For the Amazing Blog.
    It's Really a Good thing to Choose Best Shelf Life Consultant for The Storage of the Food for long time.

    ReplyDelete